In this chapter, we will learn about how to add or delete WordPress comments. Adding comments allows your visitors to have a discussion with you. Comments are approved by the admin and then posted to be discussed further.
Follow the below steps to add comments to your page:-
1. Click on Pages → All Pages in WordPress.
2. You will see the list of already created pages.Select any of the pages you want to add comments to. Here, we are going to add a comment in “About ” page. Click on About page.
3. To add a comment on this page, click on Screen options present at the top right-hand corner.
4. From the dropdown list of Screen Option, Check the Discussion and Comments box as shown in the following screen.
5. You can now view the Discussion and Comments box at the bottom of your page.
In the Discussion section, there are two options present −
- Allow Comments − Allows visitors to comment on your blog posts and pages.
- Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page − Allows visitors to give pings and trackbacks.
In the Comment section, you can add comments by clicking on Add Comment button.
6. Click on Update button after adding the comment box.
In this chapter, we will learn about how to Edit comments in WordPress. Editing comments can be done only by the admin.
To Edit Comments go to the comments menu. Then hover over your mouse on the comment you want to edit from the list of comments. Click on edit.
The Edit comment page gets displayed. You can edit the comment and click on Update Button.
Here you can edit the name, e-mail, URL or the comment from the comment box.
Now we will learn how to Moderate Comments in WordPress. Comment moderation is a process where, when visitors comment on posts, the comment is not published directly until and unless it is approved by the admin to be posted. This is done to protect spamming comments.
Just go to settings menu and Click on Settings → Discussion. The Discussion Setting page gets displayed.
In the Comment Moderation field, write those words or URLs you do not want any visitor to add comments. Whenever a visitor gives any comments it would be moderated by the admin first and then published.