Earliest days, websites were created using programming languages like HTML, CSS, and PHP to format text, create page layouts, and display images, and so on. Then the web browser reads this code, interpreting those tags to render and display the content of a particular web page.
But today, you can install the WordPress software on your own web server in about 5 minutes. Once installed, you’ll log into your site using your favorite web browser, and then use a simple editor to create web pages — without having to learn how to code.
What is WordPress?
WordPress was released as a free and open source Content Management System (CMS) in the year 2003 on May 27. Since then it has seen perpetual improvement and development to it by a large community of contributors. WordPress runs on PHP and a MySQL database
WordPress is free software, this means you are free to download, install, use and modify it. You can use it to create any kind of website you want.
Powering nearly 29% of the websites on the internet. Nearly 70% of websites that use a CMS are on the WordPress platform, because of its ease of use and strength in search engine optimization features.
Why should you use it?
Some important features that make WordPress is so popular today:-
- WordPress Is completely free & Open Source CMS and very easy to Install.
- WordPress is easy to use, easy to customize.
- WordPress is SEO friendly meaning your website ranks better in search engines
- It’s highly extensible with thousands and thousands of themes and plugins
- WordPress is responsive – use it to reach readers across multiple devices. Like mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop.
- WordPress has a huge support community having active users and developers. You can find the solutions of almost any types of your queries.
- You can create any type of website with WordPress like- An eCommerce Website, A Membership Website, Directory or Classified website, Service/Appointment Booking Website, Question Answer Forums, Blog etc.
- WordPress Is Secure Enough.